Applications are currently closed
The Let Teachers SHINE competition is run by SHINE in partnership with Tes and is open to any qualified, practising teacher working in England.
Let Teachers SHINE offers up to £25,000 over two years to teachers who have brilliant ideas to help disadvantaged children in the North of England to succeed in English, maths or science.
So, if you’re a creative, passionate teacher who has an exciting new idea that will really make a difference, we’d love to hear about it. Please scroll down to read our application guidelines, FAQs and latest updates.
Let Teachers SHINE is not currently open for applications. Your next chance to apply will be in Autumn 2022. Check back for more details.
How to apply
We have designed the application process to be as simple and stress-free as possible. Here’s how it works:
- Firstly, click here to read our application guidelines and to find out the kinds of projects we will and won’t fund.
- Once you are ready to begin your application, scroll to the bottom of this page and click the “Apply” button. This will open an online application form. Don’t worry, it’s not complicated and if you hover over questions, you will find extra information to help you complete the form.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to explain their idea, via video conferencing, to a small panel of people.
- We are unable to give individual written feedback to unsuccessful applicants. However, applicants will be given the opportunity to call the office at a specified time to receive verbal feedback on their application.
- Keep checking this website for tips and further information.
To help you with your application, we have collated answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.