Let Teachers SHINE applications are now open
✔️ Aimed at teachers keen to make a difference in the North.
👉 2 years of support.
💰 Grants: up to £25,000.
A grant of up to £25,000 over two years, including dedicated support from a hands-on funder. SHINE seeks to support teachers with innovative ideas for projects that can be trialled and developed with the potential to improve outcomes for socio-economically disadvantaged children living in the North of England.
Browse this page for information on how to apply, and for more details of our criteria. Once you are ready, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Apply".
For anyone interested in applying for Let Teachers SHINE 2024, we are running a series of online information sessions in November, December and January. Click below to register your place.
How to apply
We have designed the application process to be as simple and stress-free as possible. Here’s how it works:
- Firstly, click here to read our application guidelines and to find out the kinds of projects we will and won’t fund.
- Once you are ready to begin your application, scroll to the bottom of this page and click the “Apply” button. This will open an online application form. Don’t worry, it’s not complicated and if you hover over questions, you will find extra information to help you complete the form.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to explain their idea, via video conferencing, to a small panel of people.
- We are unable to give individual written feedback to unsuccessful applicants. However, applicants will be given the opportunity to call the office at a specified time to receive verbal feedback on their application.
- Keep checking this website for tips and further information.
To help you with your application, we have collated answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.