Are you a teacher with a bright idea that could boost the attainment of children from disadvantaged backgrounds?
The Let Teachers SHINE competition is run by SHINE in partnership with Tes and is open to any qualified, practising teacher working in England.
Let Teachers SHINE offers up to £25,000 over two years to teachers who have brilliant ideas to help disadvantaged children in the North of England to succeed in English, Maths or Science.
So, if you’re a creative, passionate teacher who has an exciting new idea that will really make a difference, we’d love to hear about it.
How to apply
We have designed the application process to be as simple and stress-free as possible. Here’s how it works:
- Firstly, click here to read our application guidelines and to find out the kinds of projects we will and won’t fund.
- Once you are ready to begin your application, scroll to the bottom of this page and click the “Apply” button. This will open an online application form. Don’t worry, it’s not complicated and if you hover over questions, you will find extra information to help you complete the form.
- The deadline for applications is midnight on 11 January 2021. We will let you know if you have been shortlisted by 1 March 2021.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to explain their idea, via video conferencing, to a small panel of people. This is expected to take place in week commencing 8 March 2021.
- We are unable to give individual written feedback to unsuccessful applicants. However, applicants will be given the opportunity to call the office at a specified time to receive verbal feedback on their application.
- Keep checking this website for tips and further information.
To help you with your application, we have collated answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.