10 June 2005: Last night, SHINE’s latest event, ‘Put Yourself In My Shoes’, was held at Madame Tussauds in central London.
A joint venture with the highly respected national charity, Norwood, Put Yourself In My Shoes featured an international auction of unique celebrity experiences. Bidders had the opportunity to buy a variety of once in a lifetime experiences with some of the most iconic celebrities, sporting heroes and world-renowned personalities.
Here’s just a taster of what some of the lucky winners will be doing in the weeks and months ahead:
- spending the day as Chairman of Chelsea FC
- drinking champagne with Tom Jones behind the scenes at his LA show
- watching their child run out onto the football pitch as one of England’s new mascots
- training with champion rower James Cracknell
- recording a duet with Craig David
- cooking lunch with Michelin-starred chef, Giorgio Locatelli
- watching the Arsenal squad train and play as guests of Arsene Wenger
Finally, one lucky winner will be driving an exclusive BMW8i. Signed by Nelson Mandela, it is one of only 10 ‘Democracy Cars’ across the world that were built to celebrate the 10th anniversary of South Africa’s first democratic elections in 1994 – and the only one in the UK!
The event was a huge success and we are really grateful to all our donors for their continued fantastic support – many more children will be helped by both SHINE and Norwood as a result of your generosity.